Advising Event Grants, 2018-19
As part of our mission, the Advising Programs Office (APO) supports academic departments and committees in their academic advising work with students. To facilitate this, we offer grants in support of events that have an academic advising goal.
Events should meet the following criteria:
1. The primary purpose of the event is to convey information about or related to concentrating in the academic area.
2. The event includes academic advisers (ideally faculty, but may also include other advisers) and students (pre-concentrators and concentrators)
Please note that social events without an academic advising component or course-specific events will not qualify.
Because of the limitations of our budgets, departments and committees are eligible for a maximum of $100 per event and may apply for funding for up to three events per term. If departments and committees join together to sponsor an event, each department or committee may receive a grant.
1. Departments or committees can submit a proposal (via Qualtrics) outlining the planned event including logistics, goals for the event, and tentative budget.
2. The APO will respond to all requests within one week.
3. Following the event, departments or committees must submit a follow-up report (via Qualtrics) about the event.
4. Departments or committees submit a financial detail listing report (from CREW), with specific expenses highlighted, to the Advising Program Office at email@example.com.